We had a great holiday season that was filled with many of our family traditions, despite not being home for Christmas. And although we had to make a few modifications, we were able to keep them alive and had a very merry Christmas! Here is quick recap:
1. Cream Cheese Swirls
My Dad and I usually make his famous Cream Cheese Swirls on Christmas Eve morning, but I talked him into making them while I was home for Thanksgiving instead. I think they turned out pretty delicious!
2. 36th Annual Jessop Family Christmas Eve Pageant
Every Christmas Eve, my family does a Christmas Eve Pagaent where we reinact the Christmas story with songs and scriptures, complete with awesome costumes my Mom has made over the years. This year we utilized Skype to make the 36th annual pagaent happen from around the world (literally!). Here is a screen shot of all of us and the different time zones we were in (10 p.m. Penang, Malaysia; 8 a.m. Minneapolis, MN; 8 a.m. Houston, TX; 7 a.m. Farmington, UT).
3. Gingerbread Houses
Don's family makes and decorates homemade gingerbread houses every year. We thought that would be fun to try with our friends in Minneapolis, so Don whipped up a large batch of gingerbread and we held a gingerbread house-making party. They turned out great, AND tasted delicious! (Thanks for the recipe, Janet!)

8 comments:
That photo totally looks like Tyler is Photobombing everyone. Like he just accidentally walked in front of the camera!
Otherwise, looks like you had a great Christmas.
Liz, it looks like you got that "defective gene" that your mom talks about. That means you'll be putting on bigger and better over-the-top events for the rest of your life. It's a compliment :). Nice work!!
haha, thanks Brent! I think I have that "defective gene" too ... I didn't blog about it, but we also held a Christmas Eve dinner/party, and I have a Girls Night (Miss America watching party) planned next week. I can't help myself, and I figured I better get these parties out of my system before the baby gets here.
I can't believe I didn't have dad make those swirls Christmas Eve!! Those look so delicious!!
You are giving me hope that one day we will get over missing our Evanston friends all the time and some day have enough friends here to have a party. Looks so fun! Wish we could've been there.
@Jennifer - I ate them all :) And enjoyed every minute! I'll post another belly shot soon.
@Heather - We miss you guys too! I was thinking how much fun your bingo/Christmas party was last year and how I was jaded by the Mulcock's with the Starbucks gift card. Good times :) Wish you guys lived closer!
Awesome gingerbread houses! We'll have to join in next year... :) I, for one, am definitely glad that you like to do these 'events'. Love it, actually!
I love traditions! Those look great. I want to eat them.
Post a Comment