04 August 2010

The Injustice of Mayonnaise

So I hear that pregnant people can be crazy ... and tonight I was shocked after a little crazy came out of me.

The only thing that sounded good tonight was a delicious #12 from Milios (Roast turkey breast with double Provolone cheese, guacamole, fresh lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, red ripe tomatoes and mayonnaise on wheat).
Long story short, but they messed up both of our to-go orders.


Don hates tomatoes ... he got tomatoes.


I hate, hate, hate Mayonnaise ... I got mayonnaise.

By the time I realized it was smothered in crap, it was too late for me to take it back because Don had already dropped me off at our house on his way to a meeting. I was SO MAD that they put mayonnaise all over my delicious sub. How could they have done this injustice to me?


And then this crazy person inside of me picked up the phone and called Milios. I told them I was disappointed and wanted either a refund or for them to deliver me a new sandwich, hold the mayo and sprouts. I said I was sick, pregnant and home without a car and that they needed to meet one of those demands. Now this isn't like me at all. I usually just smile and let people walk all over me ... but not today!



And to my surprise, my crazy pregnant rant worked!!! I am currently eating a fresh, delicious, mayonnaise-free sub that was delivered to my door for FREE. Thanks, Milios! You know how to treat a crazy pregnant lady right. And you bet I'll be back for more :) Just make sure to get the order right, or you know who you'll be hearing from.


Now I'm slightly embarrassed about this story, but I had to feed the baby, right? What would you have done in such a mayonnaise-smothered situation?

12 comments:

Brent Horrocks said...

If the sandwich had mayo on it, but you didn't know it, would it taste as good? I remember a certain bowl of guac that you totally enjoyed until you found out there was mayo in it.

Unknown said...

this is awesome!!! good work.

What would I have done? I tend to let little stupid things set me off in a big way. I would have wrapped the sandwich back up in it's wrapper, ripped my shirt off like the hulk, stepped out the front door, and hurled that damn sammich as far as I could.

Kristen said...

You can get away with that kind of stuff when you're pregnant!?!? Sign me up!!!!! I've always wanted to knock over an aisle of those pyramid shaped displays in a fit of rage and then smile sweetly and say "whoops" as I leave. . . . If you ever feel like going crazy, would you mind trying it out for me? I'd like to know what the repercussions are.

kat said...

I wouldn't have done anything but sulk and wish I had the guts to call up like you did.

Just thinking about all this mayonnaise is making me want to gag. I actually didn't mind mayo before I got pregnant, but it was one of those things that grossed me out while I was pregnant and have mostly steered clear of since.

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

@Brent - That was trickery. I remember that bowl of guac as disgusting.

@Reuben - I also like your approach. Just get rid of the disgustingness all together. Although, I would have liked to have thrown it at the teenage sandwich maker :)

@Kristen - Next time I see a pyramid of boxes, I'll see what I can do for you :)

@Kat - I've always hated Mayonnaise. And even more so now. I took a few bits of my original sandwich until I got a whole mouth full of the crap. I nearly lost it! But instead, called the sandwich shop for revenge :)

Melanie said...

nice work. I think I like preggo Liz. I think you should try to get away with as much as possible in the name of having pregnancy crazies. Also mayo is gross. Sometimes I forget that you have to tell people not to put it on things and then i'm disappointed. but never brave enough to call anyone with demands.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Your son is going to be a sissy because he never got any mayonaisse in the womb. Sad. You better start eating it...

Lisa said...

Hey Liz-I've always thought you were a swell person. But after reading your mayo story: you're my hero!

P.S. I just found your blog through that connector Reuben-what fun.

Unknown said...

Social Networking FTW!!

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

@Lisa - Glad you liked my story :) I'm slightly embarrassed and at the same time amazed that it worked.

@ Reuben - You are a social networking FTW (...but what does the "FTW" part stand for?)

The Buttars Family said...

Hey I heard you were pregnant but I didn't dare say anything to you on facebook until you said something. Congrats! I know what it feels like to be sick and I totally crave mexican food. I'm excited! Hey maybe with the pregnancy you may have loved the mayo....you never know these days!

Dean and Rachel said...

Liz, when do you find out what you're having? I can't wait to find out!!!

Site Meter