I know what you are thinking, but this is not another crazy pregnancy story about food, although there are plenty I could tell. This posting is about the SUPER CHEESY widget that I've added to this blog, located under my B'Wo countdown (on the right hand side of this blog).
That's right, I've added a Christmas Countdown! If you know me at all, then you know I like Christmas. In fact, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas so much that I thought I better start counting down so I can keep track of the two things I'm looking forward to this winter--B'Wo is obviously first, but Christmas is a close contender.
Unfortunately, we won't be able to go home to Utah for Christmas this year because it is too close to my due date to travel. I have been super bummed to the point that I get teary eyed anytime I think about it. (But that could also be my crazy pregnancy hormones kicking in...sometimes I feel like the abominable snowman).
Anyway, I've already informed Don that there are MANY traditions that we will be doing on our own this year to make myself feel better. So watch out Minnesota--You're about to experience a super exciting Christmas celebration, complete with our first tree (my dream for the last 5 years)! So until then, you all have the pleasure of enjoying my CHEESY countdown.

8 comments:
Crazy that none of us Jessop crew are traveling home for Christmas this year. And I am hogging mom and dad all to myself in Malaysia!! I get them for 2 1/2 weeks - so take that Minnesota and Texas!
You think you're bummed? Think about how your kid feels? S/He is going to have to deal with a Christmas birthday for the rest of his/her life!
@Jemmer - I guess if I had to choose a year to miss Christmas at home, this was a good year since you are stealing the main event :)
@Reuben - Luckily the due date is Feb 5, so it won't be a total Christmas birthday ... just close enough that we get to buy S/He's birthday presents when everything goes on the after-Christmas sale. Christmas day is exactly 6 weeks to our due date, and the airlines won't let you travel that close. So we are barely missing the deadline!
Two things:
B-wo will be born on February 8th, not the 5th.
Christmas will rock no matter where you live. We're going to visit the beach, enjoy some snorkeling, and have 2 hour long massages for $20. We'll probably use the local form of an evergreen for our tree - a palm tree.
In Minneapolis you will freeze your tail off, wonder if the mightly Mississippi will freeze over, worry about your car starting, and have a plastic spruce tree or Canadian pine don't 'cha know. Just don't goh oot side.
I love Christmas too, Liz so we'll have a Christmas party and celebrate :)
Christmas is the best and I love traditions! By the way, I LOVED your Mayo story. SO FUNNY.
Do you want to borrow our bingo machine and have your own white elephant/bingo party? We don't have any friends yet to invite to a party. Pity party for us. :)
I'm gagging and choking on your Christmas countdown, but it takes all kinds, right? :)
Your BBQ looks amazing, I'm so jealous. And I think that you must be the sweetest, most appeasing abominable snowman ever-- but I would probably have to confirm that with Don, since he's the only one who might actually see you in less than perfect form.
Post a Comment