Last weekend I ran my first 5K around Lake Harriet. I've never been a great runner, and actually hated it up until recently (which I'm blaming entirely on a South Davis Jr. High gym class, but that is another story).
But despite my junior high flashbacks, I conquered my first race, finishing 6 minutes faster than my goal! My official time was 33:58. Don caught a video of me crossing the finish line.
Too bad that chick showed me up at the end... she came out of no where! I was pretty excited about my finish time and definitely plan to run more races in the future.
2 comments:
I'm SO impressed. Way to go, Liz!
I had no idea that you were running this race, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw you cross the finish line. I knew you had a runner streak in you! Great job! Next up...10K!
Post a Comment