07 September 2011

Two years later ...

Below are the guesses on what I did this weekend as the ULTIMATE Minnesotan thing-to-do:
  1. SPAM Museum
  2. World's Largest Ball of Twine
  3. Polar Swim
Well none of these are correct because:
  1. Does SPAM really need, or for that matter, deserve its own museum?
  2. I didn't even know Minnesota was home to the largest ball of twine.
  3. It is too early for the Polar Swim ... and I'm definitely not die-hard enough to give that a try! :)
Well after those exciting guesses, my ULTIMATE Minnesota thing-to-do may be a little on the boring side. BUT, none the less I'm super stoked about it! Here is a little background ...

I hate the cold more than anything. So when Don got a job in Minneapolis, I told him I'd only move there if I could get any coat I wanted. Well two winters came and went without a good winter coat in -20 degree weather. Brrrrrr!!!!

But this weekend I finally found my dream coat!


Now don't you think the ULTIMATE thing to do in Minnesota is to gear up for winter? Bring on the snow!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent winter coat. You are going to need better footwear.

kat said...

That is a good looking coat. I have one similar, only I don't wait until it is -20 to wear it. I have mine on from the time it is about 30 degrees and on:)

Melanie said...

1. Of course SPAM needs/deserves a museum! (even though I've never been...)
2. Great coat- it looks very Liz and I'm sure it will make this winter so much better for you.

Brent Horrocks said...

I think I saw one of those back in the '82.

Kristen said...

Every so often you remind me why I am glad I live in the south. Thank you. PS, I am going to come visit you and we are going to see the largest ball of twine.

Unknown said...

you are too funny, it's like a padded snuggy.

Shelley said...

I need one of those!! When I bought my coat last year I didn't foresee needing a LONG one...

Ally said...

OMG. This reminds me of my long Chicago coat which I went on shopping with YOU HAHA. You know I gave that to my friend who is studying Ph.D when I left kkkkkkkkkkk

Side of Jeffrey said...

Nice North Shore mom coat.

Site Meter