02 September 2011

Minnesotans-on-a-stick

Today is the day we became true Minnesotans. And it's all because we went to the state fair (aka the great Minnesota get-together)! So what did we do at the fair, you ask? Well ...

Liam enjoyed a lemon italian ice.



We enjoyed people watching.


... and more people watching.


Then there was the large assortment of food at the fair. We tried fried cheese curds (delicious!), falafel-on-a-stick, gyros, luigi fries (aka breadsticks), walleye cakes, salad-on-a-stick, fudge-puppies-on-a-stick (waffles), fried pickles ... and a whole bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies (don't worry, we could hardly even eat any and took them home for the weekend)!

And if that weren't enough, we had to top off the day with some malts and sundaes from the Dairy Building.


Even Liam got a taste!

All in all, it was a fun-filled, fattening, fried day. Don't know if we'll go back any time soon, but definitely something to check off our bucket lists and get us into the Minnesotan club.

9 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

and how are you feeling after all that?! It all sounds delicious and I really want some of those cookies!

Brent Horrocks said...

Did you eat any Scotch eggs? Those are a favorite of mine from Minnesota!

kat said...

I almost feel like we went to a different fair. I didn't see most of those foods you sampled. Cute pics.

Cassie S. said...

Holy cow, you must have spent $300 on fatty fair food! I'm too cheap to even spring for an ice cream bar at the Utah state fair (which we're going to on Thursday.) Go you! You're camera takes beautiful pictures, by the way, it must be a nice one!

Cassie S. said...

Oh my goodness, I am blaming my mis-spelling of "your" on mommy brain... holy hannah I need a nap.

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

Cassie -- no worries on the typo :) You've got plenty of other things on your mind! Ya, I'm not even sure how much we spent on fair food ... probably best not to know! We just bought one of each and shared among the 4 people, so it may not have been as bad as I thought.

Unknown said...

I'm now hungry...

Kristen said...

Wait, how do you put salad on a stick?

Katie said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM Did you like the cookies? I got those too and loved them! Next year we'll have to go together :)

Site Meter