So far we've installed a new toilet and bathroom sink, as well as painted the living/dining room ... and the painting did not go well. The walls were a toothpaste green and we accidentally turned it into Mexican restaurant yellow! It was supposed to be a beautiful, light tanish-goldish color. Here are some before and after pictures:
BEFORE: Toothpaste Green Walls ... yummy!
AFTER: Want a burrito, taco or enchilada?
So what were we to do with this HORRIBLE color? We went back to Home Depot and bought 4 samples. What to choose? Here were the options:
And the winner was ... Champaign Gold (the lightest color). And it looks FANTASTIC! I'll post pictures once I get the room all decorated and I want to keep you in suspense so that you check back.
Our next project ... the kitchen!
11 comments:
Hooray for the Wortley Blog! We are soo proud of you guys!
Your house looks absolutely charming, can't wait to see more!
I would have kept the urine yellow color...it would help me need to pee. Also, it would make me hungry for Mexican...which is a good thing.
I'm thinking that last "Side of Caitlin" comment was really a "Side of Jeffrey" comment :) haha! And yes, Urine Yellow would also be a way to describe the awful color choice.
yES lIZ i THINK THAT LAST SIDE OF cAITLIN WAS jEFF!
Hooray for your blog. Now I can see you whenever I want! We really miss you guys! I miss VTing you!
love your new home. How fun to fix it up together!
Oh paint colors....we've totally had some of the same issues. We had about 6 colors of paint on the outside of our house for awhile trying to decide between them all. Thank goodness for samples! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Cool! I am glad you finally have a blog! I secretly wish you will leave the Mexican yellow, it's not THAT ugly and always reminds me of deliciousness:)
Can't wait to see the finalized pad!
Cool! I am glad you finally have a blog! I secretly wish you will leave the Mexican yellow, it's not THAT ugly and always reminds me of deliciousness:)
Can't wait to see the finalized pad!
Nice post. I'm looking forward to more photos.
welcome to the world of blogging!
and congrats on a new home : )
yeah for Wortley pad!!!
I'm so proud of you two for all of these things! and can't wait to visit MN and meet you and your place(?haha) in person hahaha-!
Post a Comment