09 June 2011

Our Attic

I was going through our pictures this morning and found some that I meant to post a long time ago. Woops! This post is long over due, but better late than never.

Last fall Don finished our attic to give us more space before Liam arrived. It is now our "3rd bedroom" when family/friends come to stay, as well as storage. Here are the before and after pictures:


Before 
Dark, dingy, dusty and disgusting. I wouldn't let anyone stay up here!


After 
Light, clean and a great space!

Don finished the wood floors, painted the ceilings, walls and beds (it took two coats of primer and four coats of paint!), added new lighting and electrical outlets, and inserted shelves for the closets. I think it turned out pretty well!

So... who is ready to visit and stay with us?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Claire will stay there tonight. I'll drop her off at 7:00. Thanks for the offer.

Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful!

Braden and Cheri said...

WOW! I had heard that Don was pretty incredible with carpentry. That looks awesome!

Brent Horrocks said...

Shelves in the closet! A happy thought indeed! Great work Don!

Unknown said...

wow that is amazing.. I want an attic like that.

Unknown said...

hey will you take more pictures... I need to see more details.

Site Meter